The Lehigh Valley Sportsman Show is making a return and will be held March 2-3 in Ag Hall at Allentown Fairgrounds. A large number of supporting members will be in attendance. Visit http://www.lehighvalleysportsmanshow.com/ for more information.
This show has a strong focus on youth bringing back the heritage of hunting, fishing and outdoor life. Organizations that will be represented include the Keystone Elk County Alliance, Delaware River Shad Association, Pa. Fish and Boat Commission, Lehigh County Fish and Game Protective Association, Pa. Game Commission, Lehigh Valley Branch Quality Deer Management, Little Lehigh Chapter of Trout Unlimited, the Lehigh River Stocking Association and more.
- The Pocono Wildlife Rehabilitation Center, where injured and orphaned wild animals receive treatment until they can be released back to the wild, will be attending the show both days bringing animals and mammals such as owls, raptors, creatures of the night and reptiles, to name a few. The Center holds permits from US Fish and Wildlife Service, the PGC and USDA.
- SASS (Single Action Shooting Society), one of the fastest growing sports, will be there displaying and demonstrating the use of the weapons that won the West. All members must be dressed in Western attire.
- Butch Mellinger, a Horton Pro Staff member who is the first hunter to complete the African Big 5 Grand Slam with a crossbow, will have movies of African hunts.
- CAMP COMPASS, along with 2 Million Bullets, which provides disadvantaged children with hunting and fishing outdoor skills and programs, will be there.
- Lance Dunham, L.D. Guide Service, will be speaking about river fishing in the north. His new DVD’s about his experiences and techniques in river fishing will be available.
- Shawn Kotchey will share “Calling and Understanding the Wild Turkey.” The seminar explains hunting and calling wild turkeys, along with tactics and tips. His experience includes Pro Staff for Mossy Oak Camouflage and turkey hunting seminars all over the country.
- Delaware River Shad Association will promote the history of shad fishing in the Delaware River and tributaries. Their objective and purpose is to protect the migratory fish species by keeping the river flowing free of obstructions.
- Hunting outfitters are represented from across the United States, Canada and Africa.
- Charter boat captains from the east coast will be in attendance. You will be able to sign up for charters at the show.
- Other types of vendors include: Guns, archery equipment, boats, motor homes to campers, log homes, custom built rods, mules and ATV’s.
The show started at Castle Gardens in Dorney Park 27 years ago. Because of the show’s growth it moved to Ag Hall, Allentown Fairgrounds. The show then expanded to the Pa. Expo Center, which was found to be unsuitable. Dick Laros, a well-known taxidermist and big game hunter, decided to move back to Ag Hall but his preferred dates were not available. Because he had to wait for availability, the show did not continue for a few years. Now Dennis E. Brozey, president of PBM Productions, Inc. is conducting the show.
PBM Productions aligned with Cabela’s and 2 Million Bullets as lead sponsors and the Sportsman Show will feature hunting and fishing outfitters from across the United States, Canada and Africa. Consultants will also be available to help you plan your next sporting adventure. John Annoni, founder of Camp Compass and 2 Million Bullets, is the goodwill ambassador for the event.