The Pennsylvania Outdoor Writers Association announces a search for its next Executive Director. The successful applicant will begin duties on Sept. 1, 2018.
The Executive Director is expected to be a positive, organized and effective leader who promotes POWA and facilitates a host of important duties. He/She is required to serve the organization in the following capacities:
- Is appointed by and serves at the pleasure of the Board of Directors for a minimum of three years.
- Handles or replies directly to all correspondence received or referred by the President or the Board of Directors.
- Facilitates and maintains updated records of all organization documents and information pertaining to bylaws, duties, history and membership information.
- Receives and processes all applications for membership, including Active, Associate and Supporting members.
- Updates and distributes the Membership Directory annually.
- Negotiates annual conference site fees, locations and bookings, as well as helps plan programs and meals in concert with Conference Chair(s).
- Creates, distributes and collects annual election ballots.
- Performs additional responsibilities as outlined in the Duties Manual.
Interested candidates should send a letter of interest, salary requirements, and resume to Brad Isles, POWA president, at firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to: PO Box 23, Grove City, PA 16127.
Deadline to apply is Friday, July 13, 2018.